Preparing the ultimate Greek starter does not require the effort it seems to do and will always taste amazing!
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups strained Greek yogurt
- 1 lb cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint or dill
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- Fresh mint sprig for garnish (optional)
Start by grating the cucumbers and then strain the outcome to remove the extra cucumber. In a bowl add the yogurt, the crushed garlic, the grated cucumber bits, salt and the olive oil. Mix all ingrients until smooth. Let the mixure sit in the fridge for about one hour before serving. You can decorate with fresh mint! Enjoy your tzatziki!