This year the Alliance between Greece, Australia and New Zealand at the Battle of Crete during WWII marks 75 years.
Like every year, various celebrations are going to take place to commemorate for this event.
This year’s programme for 2016 is :
Thursday 19 May 2016
– 11:00 Ceremony at Alikianos – Keritis Monument .
Friday 20 May 2016
– 11:00 in the morning service at Chania Cathedral Church .
– 11:30 in the morning Fircas Fortress Flag Raising .
– 19:00 Galatas Hill Greek – New Zealand Memorial
On the 20th of May a team of 25 people from New Zealand , United States and Greece will Perform << Vakhes – Maori >> . The event will take place in three languages Greek , Maori and English. Additionally those who attend will see the performance of a Maori song and Dance Kapa Haka , a traditional of Te Whare Tapere , and Greek Dance .
Saturday 21 May 2016
– 11:00 R.A.F Maleme
– 15:00 Welch Memorial , at Galatas .
– 18:00 Souda Bay Ceremony ( memorial service, laying of wreaths ) .
Sunday 22 May 2016
– 13:00 Ceremony at the German War Cemetery
– 19:00 Ceremony at Maleme Airfield and Air Show by the F-16 Demo Team ‘ Zeus ‘ .
Contact us for more information.