What are the different types of tickets for Athens transport system?
If you are planning to travel to Athens soon, check some useful information regarding public tickets; how to use, where to get and for how much!
Type of Ticket
|90-min ticket for all modes||€ 1.40|
|24-hour ticket for all modes||€ 4,5|
|5-day ticket for all modes||€ 9|
|3-day tourist ticket||€ 22|
|Express Bus ticket for the airport||€ 6|
|Metro ticket for the airport
(also valid for Suburban Railway and all other modes)
ticket for 2 persons € 18,
ticket for 3 persons € 24
|Return Metro ticket for the airport (for 2 journeys in under 7 days)||€ 18|
What kind of ticket do I need to travel from/to the Athens airport?
To travel from to/the Athens airport and the city of Athens you need one of the following tickets:
- A metro ticket for the airport (€10)
- Return Metro tickets for the airport (€18) and 2 and 3 persons group tickets for the airport (€18 and €24) exist as well.
- An express bus ticket for the airport (€6)
- A 3-day tourist ticket (€22)
NO other tickets are valid for travelling from/to the Athens airport and the city.
Where can I buy a ticket?
Tickets for Athens public transport can be purchased at:
- Automatic ticket issuing machines at all Metro, Tram, and Suburban Railway stations
- Ticket offices at many Metro, Tram and Suburban railway stations (Operating hours of Athens Metro ticket offices)
- Blue/yellow ticket booths next to many central bus stations
- Many newsstands/kiosks
For more information visit: http://www.athenstransport.com/english/tickets/